Sunday, May 18, 2008

Work commute time quadruples!

On 5/9/08 I moved out of the AT&T office building in North Dallas of which I had worked for the most of the past six years. As of 5/12/08 I'm now located on the 31st floor of AT&T's largest office building in downtown Dallas. Thus began a whole new experience for me!

For the past 18 years, I've lived within 15 minutes of where I worked. Now however it takes me 15 minutes just to get to the train station. I then board the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) light rail for my ride into downtown. The next leg of my trip involves walking two blocks from where I de-board the train to the AT&T office complex. It then concludes with a long ride up the elevator! My total commute time is now one hour each way, which is definitely going to take some getting used to. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truth verification.... For the last eighteen years you have either lived 15 minutes from work or mooched a ride....

R said...

And the truth is (drum roll)...I've mooched no rides over the last 18 years. Nice try! Your point is somewhat valid though. I did hop lots of rides during the 2 1/2 years I worked in downtown KC but that was more than 18 years ago. I didn't count that time period since it was longer than a 15 minute commute.