Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years 2009

Happy New Years!

Tom and I stayed in last night. We were invited to a New Years Eve party in Richardson (suburb north of Dallas) but declined, choosing to spend the evening at home instead. Tom prepared a nice dinner and mixed us a couple of cocktails. It was a low key but pleasant evening.

As usual I fell asleep well before midnight. Tom woke me up at 11pm Dallas time so that I could see NY kick in the New Year. He might have woke me again at midnight Dallas time. I honestly don't remember.

Tom is still in bed. He is suffering another one of his migraines this morning - and no, not from drinking! I feel so sorry for him and wish there was something that I could do for him. He says all he needs is peace and quiet so I've just left him alone and tried to be as silent as possible.

I woke up at my usual time this morning (5:15am) and have gone through my normal morning ritual. Today however is a holy day of obligation so I need to be hitting the shower. Mass starts at 9am.

When I get home from mass, we'll be taking down the Christmas tree and putting away all of the decorations. Tom wants to get this over with so that we can enjoy the next few days (both of us are off work until Monday) without this project hanging over our heads. Makes sense to me!

No comments: