Thursday, April 23, 2009

No Excuse for Perez Hilton's Behavior

Re: The Perez Hilton vs. Carrie Prejean (Miss California) saga

I strongly condemn Perez Hilton's boorish behavior. Believe me Hilton does not speak for all gays and lesbians. Personally I'm embarrassed by him and gays like him. His hateful rantings are despicable and totally out of line. He owes Miss California a GENUINE apology.

Hilton asked Carrie Prejean a question about gay marriage and she gave an honest answer. Well that was just too much for the bigoted Hilton to take. How dare a contestant in the Miss USA pageant answer a question with integrity rather than political correctness! We can't have that!

Hilton's subsequent personal attacks on Prejean reinforce what I have learned through personal experience and that is this: Some of the most intolerant people around are the same gays and lesbians who are always preaching to others about tolerance. As a gay conservative I know firsthand the abuse that gay liberals will heap on anyone who dares to disagree with them about anything.

As far as gay marriage goes I have mixed feelings, but that is a subject for another post. My point here is that people ought to be able to express their opinion on the issue without worrying about coming under attack.

It especially troubles me that Christians are coming under attack more and more often nowadays. Without doubt, Christians are the most persecuted group of people in America today. The hate and bigotry that secularists like Perez Hilton spew forth daily against people of faith sickens me. The sad reality is that there are a lot of Perez Hiltons out there. God help us!

No comments: