Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday Rusty!

Happy Birthday to my itty bitty baby kitty who turned ten on Friday 8/15/08. It's hard to believe that Rusty is already ten years old. He was just six weeks old when I got him. I can still remember the day as if it was yesterday.

I had been wanting a kitten for some time so one Saturday afternoon my friends Mike & Karen took me to look around for one. Rusty was the first kitten that we saw that day. He was the last of six in his litter to be adopted and I could immediately see why - the little dummy was asleep in his litter box! I couldn't help but feel sorry for him and think that nobody is going to want such a dumb kitten.

When I held him though I felt an immediate bond. He was very affectionate and was starving for attention. We left the store without him however because I wanted to look at other kittens before making up my mind. We went on to three more places and saw several other kittens. The whole while though I couldn't get Rusty out of my mind. I knew I had to go back for him.

My baby has been with me ever since and we have lived in three different cities together. Rusty truly turned out to be a diamond in the rough. The people who passed over him have no idea what they missed out on!



Pics taken 8/17/08.

No comments: