Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Look Back at the Past Week

Highlights and lowlights:
- Great news! Daddy's surgery on Tuesday was successful - they were able to remove the rest of the tumor.
- My sister Lori was hospitalized on Tuesday with an infection in her leg. She was released from the hospital on Friday but will need to remain on antibiotics for awhile longer.
- Mother hasn't had any headaches in the past week. She had banged her head pretty bad about three weeks ago. The doctor did a brain scan and all looked fine. The doctor had told mother the headaches would probably last about two weeks. Thankfully it looks like they have gone away.
- I had a follow up doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Doctor says the tendinitis in my right arm is much better. I was given the OK to resume light upper body workouts! I worked my triceps tonight for the first time in 2 1/2 weeks. Although I used light weight I did a lot more reps. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow!
- AT&T and CWA still haven't reached agreement on a new labor contract but the union is continuing to work under the old contract.
- Tommy had the day off on Good Friday. I was supposed to have a full day of vacation but had a lot of work that I had to get done so I ended up working Friday morning and taking 1/2 day vacation. It was another very busy week for me at work.
- We spent the weekend in Goldthwaite. Left Dallas at 1pm on Friday and got back home at about 1:30 this afternoon. Last night we went to Jessica's (Tom's niece) birthday party at Kay and Mark's house. We had a nice visit to G'waite - it was great spending time with Tom's family.
- The Kansas City Royals are 3-3 after the first week of the season. We lost our season opener on Tuesday in Chicago but came back and beat the White Sox on Wednesday and Thursday to take the series. We then hosted the Yankees for a weekend series. New York won the first two games but the Royals avoided the sweep by winning today. Not a bad first week. I'm predicting that the Royals will win 85 games this season. The Royals have some great young arms so I'm confident we can do it!

No comments: