Sunday, April 19, 2009

Royals vs. Rangers




Texas Rangers 6. Kansas City Royals 5.
Tom and I went to the Rangers/Royals game this afternoon. We had a good time despite the Royals losing. At least when we left, after the Royals batted in the top of the 8th, KC was up 5-2. We listened to the rest of the game on the way home and I'm glad we weren't there. The Royals bullpen had a total meltdown. The Rangers scored three runs in the bottom of the 8th to tie it. Then Michael Young hit a home run in the bottom of the 9th to win it for the Rangers.

We had great seats right behind the 3rd base dugout. Tom didn't care that we were in the sun and got up several times during the game to stand in the shade. I enjoyed the sun very much - my only regret is that I didn't wear sun screen and got a little bit burnt.

As usual there were a lot of Royals fans at the game since there are many Kansas City natives living in Dallas. In the top pic above I'm wearing the free Rangers cap they gave me at the gate (it was Cap Day today) - but my heart is still with the Royals. We usually try to go to see the Royals every time they are in town.

No comments: